frequently asked questions
How do I contact you?
- Ron: 082 925 6616
- Craig: 084 549 5123
What are your business hours?
- Monday to Thursday 8:00 – 16:30
- Fridays 8:00 – 15:00
Is my information safe?
- LT Printers will never share your details with other companies. Your information is only used for our business contact with your regarding your orders.
What can cause colour differences?
- Computer monitors displays will vary from the printer product due to the images on a computer being RGB and print being CMYK.
- Litho printed products cannot account for every single colour range, as a result we accept a 10% colour variance.
- The weather impacts the drying speed of inks and may therefore cause a variance.
- The medium which you select to print on will have its own finished effect. Printing the same file on different mediums will result in colour variance.
- Finishing options will create colour variance, for example a matt lamination will make colour darker
- Different print formats have different colour results. Litho printing is ink based, digital printing is toner based and wide format printing is solvent based which is why there are colour variances.
How can I avoid colour variances?
- Create artwork in CMYK mode using professional graphic software
- When using colour like purple, dark blue, orange, brown, metal colours and gradient reds, one can expect larger variances due to the mixes used to achieve these colours.
How is colour judged?
- In the print industry we have a standard of product acceptance which is 10% with CMYK. We will compare the printed colour with a colour chart to judge the variance and if it is within the 10%, it will be considered normal.
What do I do if I am not happy with my order?
- In the event of an error in your print please contact us telephonically, this is the quickest way to make us aware.
- We will assess the error and reprint free of charge.
- If you request a refund, we will refund once all the goods have been returned to us.
- Returned goods must be as per the original order so full quantities, packaging and attachments.
- We are not however responsible for delivery fees or delay issues.
- If the print error is our fault, we will reprint the job to the exact same specifications as the original order. The same artwork and paper spec will be used. No changes may be made to the artwork in this instance.
What are the bleed requirements?
- To prevent misalignment, cutting or white edges, we recommend a 3mm bleed is used outside of the trim (cut) marks.
My fonts have changed
- Due to the variety of fonts on computers, to avoid the font changing, text must be outlined. If it is not, it will be replaced by another font available on our system. Please ensure your text is ALWAYS outlined to prevent this. We will notify you if we pick it up.
- LT Printers abide by the Copy Right Laws. Artwork supplied must be owned by the company providing it or rights to using the artwork must be in place. This covers images, typesets, layouts, slogans, artwork or any other information that may be protected by Copyright laws or trademarks, local and international.
- LT Printers resolves any responsibility for infringement of intellectual property. The responsibility is on you, the customer, to ensure that any submitted artwork does not infringe on any intellectual property laws.